We perform hydraulic testing & diagnostics for all of our repaired hydraulic pumps & motors with test equipment calibrated to meet ISO 9001:2015 certification and traceable to NIST.
Our two diesel driven test stands implement hydrostatic drives that have the capability of driving test units from speeds of 0 to 2300 rpm in either rotation. Our 470 Hp test stand #1 and our 1000 Hp test stand #2 are both capable of testing open or closed loop pumps and motors up to 6000 psi and set relief valves to 7200 psi. We also have numerous mounting plates and couplers for SAE or metric units ranging from 10cc/rev (.70 cu-in/rev) to 1000 cc/rev (70 cu-in/rev) which allows us to perform quick test setups for faster turnaround of repaired units.
Take a look at an actual calibration report from one of our jobs.
To maintain our ISO 9001:2015 certification all instrumentation on our test stands are on a calibration schedule with traceability back to NIST which guarantees our test results are accurate.
- Flow meters
- Pressure transducers & gauges
- RPM readouts
- Control signal meters
- Temperature thermocouples
Our comprehensive system allows us to test and graph different types of pump and motor controls:
- Pilot operated pressure controls
- Proportional electronic
- Torque limiter (HP)
- Pressure compensated
- Flow compensated
- Variations or combinations of all above
We can test the flow, pressure, and control functions of various hydraulic pumps.
- Axial piston pumps
- Radial piston pumps
- Vane pumps
- Gear pumps
We can test the flow, pressure, and control functions of various hydraulic motors.
- Axial piston motors
- Radial piston motors
- Vane motors
- LSHT motors
- Gear motors
- Fixed motors
- Variable motors
Hydraulic motor w/ motion control valves testing capabilities.
- 0-95gpm, 5500 psi reversible flow source to test open or closed-loop motors up to 200 cc/rev.
- Able to set cross port relief valves on motors.
- Test the function of motion control valves (counterbalance valves, relief valves, etc.)
All units are tested for:
- Proper control function (falls within factory specs, repeatability, and narrow hysteresis)
- Relief valve functions (and set to customer specifications)
- Feedback response (LVDT, RVDT)
- Inspect for leaks under pressure on the test stand.
- Final check for leaks in bubble tank.
Oil cleanliness is maintained at 20/17/14 or better with continuous kidney loop filtration.