Caterpillar has launched two new excavators in their Next Generation class. The 317 and 317 GC models include new features that:
- Improved machine performance
- Increased efficiencies
- Lower cost of ownership
- Lower cost of operation
Multiple Engine Operating Modes
The new 317 models have three different engine operating modes. This allows you to choose the mode that provides you with the performance you need for the job. You can also rely on Smart Mode, which automatically sets the engine and hydraulic power to match your working conditions, which improves efficiency. If you operate in Eco Mode for less demanding jobs then you will benefit from reduced fuel consumption.
Image courtesy of Caterpillar.
Revamped Hydraulic System
The revamped hydraulic system includes a new main control valve that eliminates the need for pilot lines. This helps balance power and efficiency, reduces pressure losses, and lowers fuel consumption.
Technology that Improves Performance
Caterpillar estimates the performance-enhancing technology in the new 317 series excavators increases operator efficiency by as much as 45%. Performance-enhancing technology improvements include:
- Cat Grade with 2D which guides depth automatically.
- A touchscreen monitor to control slope and distance to grade.
- Cat Payload technology provides real-time on-the-go-weighing and payload estimates.
- Cat Remote Services help keep the excavator operating at maximum production and efficiency.
- Remote Troubleshoot allows technicians to analyze real-time data.
- Remote Flash keeps the system software up to date.
Image courtesy of Caterpillar.
Lower Operating Costs
According to Caterpillar, the 317 excavators lower the cost of ownership by about 20% over the previous models. This is due to:
- Extended and synchronized maintenance intervals.
- A new hydraulic oil filter that improves filtration and lasts longer.
- New anti-drain valves that keep the oil clean during filter replacement.
- Daily maintenance tasks can be performed at ground level.
- A second dipstick on the top of the excavator provides flexibility for checking and filling the oil.
Our Commitment to Providing Hydraulic Repair Services for Caterpillar Heavy Equipment and Machinery
No matter how old your Caterpillar machines, it still relies on hydraulics to perform the job you need to have done — whether that’s drilling, hauling, loading, or mining. We specialize in hydraulic repair for hydraulic units — pumps, motors, final drives, cylinders — you find on any Caterpillar machine. When you need help with your Caterpillar hydraulics, all you need to do is give our sales team a call at 800-800-6971 or reach out via email. Either way, they will get back to you as soon as they can and help you with whatever you need.
Genuine Replacement Pumps & Motors for Caterpillar Machines
We are a distributor of genuine Bosch Rexroth products as replacements for pumps and motors used on heavy machinery and equipment manufactured by Caterpillar, including the M-Series Loaders. If you are looking for a new pump or more (or a replacement), just use the search box below to get a quote for your unit.